Friday, June 01, 2007

May 30-31, 2007 . . . St.Michaels, Maryland

Long before we visited St. Michaels the town was known as the town that fooled the British. During the early morning hours of August 10, 1813, the residents, forewarned, placed lanterns in the tree tops thus the cannons overshot the town. There area multitude of shops, places to eat, and a museum for the many week end visitors. A delightful and pleasant stop which included launching the dingy from our anchorage for touring.

In the afternoon of the 31st we departed for Selby Bay off the South River on the Western shore of the Chesapeake. The South River is the first river south of the Severn River and Annapolis. A quiet and peaceful anchorage . . . until 0530 today when "momma duck" landed on deck and walked over my head . . . took a few seconds to figure out who/what had unexpectly boarded.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bonnie,
    I am loving following your trip! What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey yall, wish I was there. Just talked to Uncle Leighton, was glad to hear from him, it had been a couple of weeks and I was worried. You're both still alive!!! And if I ate half of what you're eating I wouldn't be able to get out the front door. Still struggling here, trying to feel like I can enjoy life without feeling guilty. Once I have Mitch settled I will try traveling. I heard you had Ashley aboard! Keep me informed of your whereabouts, you never know where I'll be!! Love, April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got the post card ... Thanks for thinking of me! Best wishes for your continuing trip.

    ReplyDelete